Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cleaning up after Braintumors

I think the last thing of consequence on tee-vee I actually watched was President Obama's address to congress.

I keep forgetting how nice it is to have a leader who can speak casually and confidently with the media; someone who can pronounce nuclear.

Schedules be damned, as I come to a clearing in this woody cough of mine, I thought to devote today to my monthly scholarship bulletin, but instead I'm here babysitting 9th grade Engineering students that have to build a radio.

In general, they have no idea who Marconi was, or what a radio actually DOES (besides play music or sports news), but they can snap some circuits together and pick up different frequencies.

Which reminds me. NPR is fundraising. Go pledge at your member station.

No comments:

Post a Comment